holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Monday 9 September 2013

Over Venice

Hi Folks, I am being temporary Blogmaster while Michael is in hospital with a knee injury, I hope that I have chosen something interesting to you.
He said to just find some pictures, write some words and post, sounds simple but my problem was in choosing from the thousands of pictures from hundreds of places.  Here goes!

We visited Venice seven years ago and climbed (in the lift) to the top of this bell tower, St Mark's Basilica standing at 98.6 metres or 323 feet and situated in a corner of St Mark's Square.


St Mark's Square, our hotel was off the top of the picture and over two little bridges.


Al Fresco dining.


Gondola Parking Lot.


Below are the domes of St Mark's Basilica, a Catholic Cathedral Church.


If you haven't been there it is hard to believe that Venice is actually made up of 118 small islands separated by canals and linked by bridges and according to Wikipedia, is located in the marshy Venetian Lagoon stretching along the shoreline between the mouths of the Rivers Po and Piave.


We enjoyed our two weeks there very much and spent a lot of time walking and riding the Public boats across the wider canals.


This bell tower was being renovated and so topped out with scaffolding. 


I hope I have not disappointed Michael's faithful followers and we  are hoping that he will be home soon.  Thanks for visiting.

Bye for now.  Sue Goodes

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Sue.. thank you for taking the time. Surberb pictures from Mike.
    I hope he is out and home with you again soon.
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just get this wonderful cosmopolitan holiday 'feel'
    when you look at this post....shots are brilliant too !
    Great Job done Sue......thank you !
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. Hope Mike is on the Mend.....The food looked Great....Tell him we're thinking of him, hop He's home soon
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fans, it was so difficult to find something and this had been a super holiday in 2006 so that's what I decided. I smiled at the comment from Chris as she said "HOP" he's home soon but I think she may be right. lol

      Delete
  4. Well done Mrs Mechanic, great blog stand in. Reminded me of my holiday with my mum, we didn't climb the bell tower, but had a lovely lunch in St Mark's square. cost a fortune. and a ride on a gondalo.I think you will have Micheal worried when he see what a grand job you have done. Mrs Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice to look back on what you have done Sue..


    ReplyDelete
  6. How's Mike doing......is he home yet ?
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete