holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Thursday 24 January 2013

Back to See How the Wildfowl is Doing

Hi folks,

Well the weather should break at the weekend and the ice should have disappeared and temperatures should return to normal, that is what they said that the weather news, well we will see. Down at our local park I was astonished by the amount of snow and ice still laying around.


There were three of these White-Fronted Geese by the lake strutting around. A passer by asked how they got there? I felt like saying, they walked.


I think this swan had had enough of the water and came out to terrorise the ducks.


What do you think of the camouflage? I think he blends in quite well.


This poor fisherman gave up after I took the shot. I think he had had enough of the cold.


The island was still there but surrounded with quite thick ice.


The Swan had decided to return to the icy water.


On the surface of the ice there were loads of footprints of the birds like this Moorhen who looked a bit fed up with the situation, a bit like us..


Lastly not to be outdone by Chris another blogger, here is a Robin on a fence.



Well I hope you liked my little jaunt around the park.

Thanks for looking,

nite nite, Luv Mike XX

3 comments:

  1. I love the robin, the way he is holding onto the rail with those fine claws, they look really spindly as though they would easily break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrr ... indeed Mike. Great pictures. The Moorhen has huge feet. all the better to paddle with I suppose! My fave is the Robin!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should have a 'Round Robin' photo fest ......!
    Love that robin Mike, might have to take a few more hey ?
    Love that swan shot too !!
    Hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete