holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Wednesday 12 September 2012

St. James's Cooling, Dickens Bicentenary Flower Festival

Hi folks,

Continuing on from yesterdays blog, sorry it was short, I hope this makes up for it.


Cooling Church was frequented by Charles Dickens and the Church put on this fantastic display of Flowers to celebrate his life. Cooling is on he outskirts of Strood in Kent in a quiet setting in the country side.


Even the Church entrance was adorned with flowers an this lovely Sunday morning.


This piece with flowers is to depict his death and was placed by the entrance as you entered the church.


I will let you look at the wonderful displays as I was really amazed at the standard of work that went into them.






Above the alter was amazing, flowers everywhere.


The Vestry is lined with cockle shells, the emblem of St James, patron saint of the church. The mirror is reflecting the shells.


500 year old door behind the flowers and it still opens although it goes nowhere.


Last today is a painting by a local artist Christopher Jarvis which is up for auction to help the church.

You may notice the picture of Jools Holand who is a local and a benefactor of the church. He was also married here in 2005a

I really hope you liked the tour around the flowers, I really enjoyed taking them.

Thanks you very much for looking.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

7 comments:

  1. Has the carpet dried? There are some very talented people around , the flower arrangements were wonderful, have a copy of the coffin,I have enjoyed the tour of Cooling Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving carpet till the morning just to make sure.
    Glad you enjoyed the tour. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful floral shots Mike......a lovely church !
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tour Mike ... thanks for sharing.. stunning flowers. I hope you contact the Church to point them this way... the flowers arrangers would, I feel, love to see your pictures of their talent!
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I am well behind this week I will comment on both blogs.

    I have had a chance to look and they are great picture Mike. I like the stained glass window the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Coffin really looks good Mike

    ReplyDelete