holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Friday 28 September 2012

Chatham Marina

Hi folks,

after my walk I strolled across the road bridge to have a look at the boats.


My car was parked behind the white marque. This is a Cassoon according to that Trevor, it's a lifting bridge with a lock to retain the water when it is closed.


A view from the bridge across to the new houses on St Mary's Island.


One working boat.


One Luxury boat, still some money in the Medway Towns.


Whats this a reflection off??


You guessed it, those towers again.


Autumn is coming, first time I have seen leaves on the water.


Going fishing.


Lock gates all hydraulically operated all the chap in the building has to do is press some buttons to let the boats out of the Marina into the river.


Last shot down the river.

Well I hope you enjoyed my little jaunt around the Marina, thanks for looking.

nite nite, Luv Mike XX

7 comments:

  1. I adore the reflection shots Mike, you are so good at taking these shots.......Countdown ......1 day to go for me.......4 days to go for you and Sue,
    Do have a safe and peaceful journey, all the very best to you both.....you will be missed !!!
    Huge hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, you have a safe trip as well.
      You must be all packed and full of excitement.
      Most of our chores are now done so out with the family at the weekend.

      Don't forget the blog will still be running all the time and put up some photos of the happy couple when you return. Have a lovely time, lots of love,
      Mike and Sue XXXXXXX

      Delete
  2. Another interesting blog,love the way you are able to get the reflection just right. Have a lovely time with the family, give Daisy a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look better than on the phone Mike, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike and Sue, its 1.50 am and I just cant sleep !!!
    This morning I was invited to a friends house, who is a Bee keeper !
    I donned the obligatory suit and investigated two beehives........
    Lifting each of the 12 boards......Managed to spot the queen and fed them their 'sugar syrup solution'.....Wow , it was amazing !!!!
    Will show photos on my return......Its all happening this end !!!!!!!!!!
    God bless and have a fantastic time, will still be checking your blog ......
    Hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chis, you must be on your way soon.
    Looks like you have been a busy Bee, looking forward to seeing the photos.
    You have a fantastic time too.
    Luv Mike ans Sue XXXXXX

    ps. missed out on a blog yesterday as I was out late with the family, sorry.

    ReplyDelete