holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Wednesday 25 July 2012

River Trip to Maidstone 2

Hi folks,

Continuing on our way down the Medway towards Maidstone starting from the The Malta Inn with its outside tables some sheltered by the willow tree our boat Kentish Lady took 1 hour to travel to Maidstone Town Centre and back again


The pub was very busy, inside and out, the sunshine was working its magic with everyone.


This is the inside seating of The Kentish Lady (Keith at the bar!) plenty of room for the 18 of us and many more.


Several boats are moored along from the starting point, all lived in and they threw up some great reflections, I thought this one looked as though it had lights on it shining back.


More living space here and how about that reflection?


In some ways our boat spoilt the reflection but there again it made in my opinion something a bit different, I hope you agree?


Complete with a roof garden and bicycle garage.


Very pretty houses but I don't think I would like to live so near the water.



Here we go, this just shows you a general scene with Maidstone still hiding from us.


Now this one, a fisherman relaxing with his bait and lunch beside him.  It just gave me that "feel good" feeling, I don't know why but I hope that you can see it as I do.


Can't end today without a beautiful swan, there isn't much wildlife on the river with two little passenger boats an hour and various motor cruisers and canoeists wending their way back and forth.

Well we are just arriving in Maidstone so final part tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

7 comments:

  1. I hope you see this comment .... having trouble with blogger at the moment ... pictures and comments! Such a smashing trip... I really enjoyed looking at these posts of your trip ... Magic ! What a super day, super pictures and I wish I was there!! ( I left a comment on the post below but it keeps disappearing!! lol )
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments. I was a smashing day. Ok on blogger, I keep sending complaints it falls on deaf ears. XX

      Delete
  2. Your not the only one Eileen. I had to shut the lot down to get it to work yesterday.

    Nice blog Mike I love the boat reflections, then you knew I would. LOL

    Didn't get out yesterday as 5 of us worked on the antenna's, very hot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pleasant trip Mike, we feel so refreshed !
    Your reflections are wonderful !
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back memories of Ron, when I see fishermen. I miss going. it's so relaxing. The photo of The Malta Inn, was lovely ,with the big weeping willow. Good shot of Keith at the bar.What a difference the sun makes to photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your comments.
    @ Margaret, you know I was a bit distant after our loft check, this was because I was not sure to put the fisherman up. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, can I ask if any of your party managed to get any photos of the skipper with his crew on this trip? I was the crew, and unfortunately the skipper has just passed away. I am trying desperately to find photos of us together, however the only photos that exist are those that were taken by customers. If anybody does have any then I would be unbelievably grateful if you could email them to me. Thanks for your time

    ReplyDelete