holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Sunday 1 July 2012

Armed Forces Day

Hi folks,

Saturday morning I visited Rochester for the Parade and Drumhead Service in the Castle Gardens.


Before the Parade I visited the Gardens to check out what was happening in there and was surprised at the amount of activities put on for the public for free.


What struck me on entry was the massive Union Flag adorning the Castle. In the foreground you can see the Naffi wagon with re-eactors having a cup of tea before the proceedings started. The bright green thing on the right was a large blow up assault course for the children.


I then went back to the High Street to catch the Parade. Here we have the Royal Marines in all their glory, I was surprised by the amount of young families and children watching.


Then came the Troops and the crowd started to clap and cheer, it was a very moving time.


Then came the Rochester Pipe Band.


Back in the castle Gardens the Drumhead Service was about to begin.


The Royal Marines stacked their Drums up for the Drumhead Service.


I found the Service very moving and seemed to last a very long tine. So much so that a Cadet and a Standard Bearer were overcome and had to be treated for exhaustion.


One of the Rochester Piped Band Drums after the Service.


Then the entertainment began this couple the Swingtime Sweethearts gave a good selection on old songs that went down a treat.


Then came a re-enactment by the 42nd Highlanders 1815 LHG, it was a wonderful display and made a load of noise.


This lot also made a load of noise, the Fabulous Fezz Heads a great act to finish.

Hope you enjoyed my day out.

Thanks for looking.

nite nite , luv Mike XX

4 comments:

  1. I certainly did Mike.....Brilliant.....You know you are so good at giving us these wonderful tours,
    Thank you !
    And thank you Sue for your lovely comments on my blog !
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures Mike ... Felt I was there ! Missed a treat I think' but Holly would have been sacred of the wizz bang noises.
    Glad the weather was so good for everyone
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog Mike, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I missed a great day out. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete