holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Friday 24 February 2012

Fishing Boats of Deal, may soon to be no more.

Hi folks,

to conclude our coastal visit to Deal I had to include the local fishing boats.


This is all very sad as it seems that there is planning permission to be approved to build a " wave wall" along the front which probably means that the boats will no longer be there although there may be provision for them elsewhere.


This place reminds me of the fishing boats off Dungerness



Lobster pots piled high on the beach.


Very Patriotic boats all painted up ready for the summer.




Which way do we go now? I know, home! after a beautiful day at the seaside.

Thanks for looking.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

6 comments:

  1. Ooo what a lovely post Mike... If they build this wall wave thingy I hope they find somewhere for them !

    Where you going next time? E xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, Maidstone today. Taking a vehicle over for repair then hitting the shops with a walk thrown in, hopefully along the river. XX

      Delete
  2. Hi Mike, brings back memories of our boating days....nice post
    Mike, thank you !!
    regards
    Chris and Dave R
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures Mike. I like the signpost best.

    Lets hope the boats stay as they are the real part of Deal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember flying there
    https://www.facebook.com/KentKiteFlyers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be a pity if the boats weren't able to stay in Deal, I think boats make the coast feel like the seaside. Enjoy your self in Maidstone , I love walking along the river bank,

    ReplyDelete