holiday

Trials,Tribulations and Happy Moments in my busy life

Monday 5 December 2011

Capstone Park with Trev

Hi folks,

Well I got Sue's head off, painted the Loo ceiling and then Trev arrived. We then had a coffee and thought, well that's enough of work lets go and have some fun, so we shut up shop and headed off to the park only about a mile away.

The weather was a bit overcast and it was bitterly cold in the wind but we had to get out daily fix of pictures. Very quite at the park as all the children were at school (bless em) so we had the place to ourselves.



First we were greeted by Gulls, hundreds of them, a lots were sitting on the handrail of the bridge, these three could not make up there minds which way to look.


The four resident Geese were still floating around as the were a couple of months ago, this one got away from the rest.



He was very friendly, I think he was after something to eat but alas we came empty handed and he didn't mind my red coat.

Off to get a cup of coffee, we were both very cold and needed a drink to warm ourselves up. 

After our break we tried to get a good shot of a Cormorant sitting on a bank on the island in the middle of the lake. We had tried before our break but the light was a bit naff.  When we returned to our utter amazement he was still there.


After numerous attempts with the sun going in and out I got this one. I liked the composition of the shot with him standing on his perch and the water below.



I then decided to blow him up to show more detail although I liked the first one best.



Last but not least I got this "lucky" shot of two Swans taking off which ended the day off rather well.

Thanks for looking.

nite nite, luv Mike XX

5 comments:

  1. lovely pictures, like the cormorants, hated them when we went fishing, glad the downstairs loo is coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mike he came up well (the blow-up) I scrapped all of mine as I was not happy. Maybe next time.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Trev, what went wrong? We had the same 300mm lens, just cant understand it. You must have got something surely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gulls Mike....I was surpised when you said the cormorant was still there.... as they hate red coats! lol :).... I hpe 'Sue losing her head' was not too painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Eileen, her head it still rolling around the garage.XX

    ReplyDelete